Explore New York
One of the first public aquariums in the United States, the New York Aquarium has heard the "oohs" and "aahs" of kids and adults for more than 100 years. In the 1950s, the aquarium moved permanently... Read More
One of the first public aquariums in the United States, the New York Aquarium has heard the "oohs" and "aahs" of kids and adults for more than 100 years. In the 1950s, the aquarium moved permanently to Coney Island and now spans over 14 acres of seaside property. More than 350 species of marine life, ranging from dolphins, sea turtles and cuttlefish to lobsters, crabs and jellyfish, call the aquarium home. Whales are a favorite as is the Aquatheater production with sea lions who like to splash the audience. Watch the penguins enjoy their lunches, braying loudly at each other to strengthen their friendships. It is the ultimate lesson in sharing.
- Memorial Day - Labor Day: Mon 10am-6pm; Tue-Fri 10am-5pm; Sat-Sun 10am-7pm
- Labor Day - Memorial Day: Mon-Fri 10am-5pm; Sat-Sun 10am-5:30pm
- Adult $13 - $17; Senior (65+) $10 - $24; Child (3-12) $9 - $13; Child (2 and under) Free;
- Things to Do with Kids: "Since you'll be on the boardwalk of Coney Island, plan to spend a little extra time here. It's touristy, but kids will love the seaside entertainment area of bumper cars, dining, go-carts and more."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Open 365 days a year, a visit to the Aquarium is a way for your kid to live out their Finding Nemo fantasies.