Explore New York
Also Featured In
Spanning from the South Street Seaport to Brooklyn Heights, the famous Brooklyn Bridge has ushered New Yorkers across the East River since 1883. A must-see for any visitor to the Big Apple, the best... Read More
Spanning from the South Street Seaport to Brooklyn Heights, the famous Brooklyn Bridge has ushered New Yorkers across the East River since 1883. A must-see for any visitor to the Big Apple, the best way to experience the bridge is to take the 30-plus minute, 3,455-foot expedition and walk it. The view of Manhattan is incredible, suddenly making it easy to understand why decades of poets and painters have been fascinated by it. The great Walt Whitman even described the view from the bridge as the "most effective medicine my soul has yet partaken." For best results, we'd recommend going in the early morning during the summer months to miss the crowds.
- Daily Open 24 Hours
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Brooklyn Bridge is an iconic landmark seen in countless movies and shows.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: This is quite possibly one of the most romantic places in the city.
- Best for Sightseeing, Best Attractions & Activities Because: Because you'll appreciate everything about what makes New York so great. Plus, great Instagram opportunities.
- Historic Sites: "Crossing the Brooklyn Bridge is stroller friendly as long as you stay in the bike lane. As memorable as this experience is, think twice before going on a cold and rainy day. Best photo opp: from the Brooklyn side with the Statue of Liberty in view."
- Tours and Excursions: "It's a must, but think twice before going on a cold and rainy day. The whipping winds can ruin a good time."
- Best for Historic Sites Because: For the most stirring New York experience you'll ever have, take this walk in the sky on the National Historic Landmark known as the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: This jaunt takes you from Chinatown in Manhattan to downtown Brooklyn or vice versa if you feel you deserve dim sum at the end.
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "We recommend going in the early morning during the summer months to miss the crowds (and get some fantastic photos)."
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: This famous bridge links Manhattan and Brooklyn and is the perfect way to link your love of land with your love of sea.