Explore New York
Also Featured In
Grand Central Terminal
Type: Architecture, Attractions, Family Friendly, Free Attractions, Historic Sites, Public Transportation, Sightseeing
15 Vanderbilt Ave.
New York, NY 10017
- Terminal: Daily 5:30am-2am
- Public Guided Tours: Daily 9am-6pm
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Docent-led tours Adult $30; Senior $20; Student $20; Military $20; Child $20
Self-guided tours Free - $10
- Free Things to Do: "Fun fact: check out the NW corner of the ceiling. See that patch of black? That's the color the entire ceiling (due to smoking) before they cleaned it."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Locate the whispering corners and surprise each other with some sweet nothings."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Look for the black patch on the ceiling in the NW corner. That's the color of the ceiling before it was cleaned and renovated - it's dirty because of the cigarette smoke of yore."
- Sightseeing: "Start your Sunday with a free walking tour of Grand Central. Tours kick off at 12:30PM."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's grandiose, but Grand Central Terminal is also filled with small wonders if you know where to look.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Grand Central Terminal is home to more than a handful of iconic parting shots of star-crossed lovers scurrying to catch their trains.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Grand Central Terminal is one of New York's tourist destinations that lives up to the hype.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Grand Central Terminal is one of New York City's shining jewels because of its architecture, its energy and its food.
- Tours and Excursions: "Start your weekend with a free no-reservations-required award-winning Walking Tour on Friday 12:30 PM of the Grand Central Neighborhood highlighting the Terminal and its neighbors."
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Because no other place in New York City quite reflects the dynamic energy that defines this town: New York City's most grand terminal and Dining Concourse.