Explore New York
Also Featured In
Empire State Building
Type: Attractions, Great Views, Historic Sites, Uniquely Here
One of the world's most famous skyscrapers is easily recognized by its strong, slender ascent into the NY sky. The Empire State Building opened in 1931, and immediately climbed into the hearts of... Read More
One of the world's most famous skyscrapers is easily recognized by its strong, slender ascent into the NY sky. The Empire State Building opened in 1931, and immediately climbed into the hearts of romantics everywhere. After all, what better place to pop the question or stare out across the city hand-in-hand than 102 stories high, with the fabulous Manhattan streets carrying on below you? Mornings are less crowded, yet the views at night can be magical. In fact, if you're looking to propose, you'd be best served doing it on the 86th floor Thursdays - Saturdays from 10PM - 1AM when the resident saxophonist is putting on a show.
- Daily 8am-2am
- 86th Floor Observatory Adult $34; Senior $31; Child $27
102nd Floor & 86th Floor Observatories Adult $54; Senior $51; Child $47
- Romantic Things to Do: "You can apply to get married at the Empire State Building on February 14 through their Facebook page."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Empire State Building is an iconic symbol of love, and sometimes called "the most romantic building in the world."
- Historic Sites: "Best times to visit: early in the morning (around 8 a.m.), in mid-afternoon (around 3 p.m.) or after 11p.m. Enhance your visit with the free Empire State Building Experience app."
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Once the tallest building in the world, the Empire State Building was an attempt to boost the city's morale during the Great Depression.