Explore New York
Also Featured In
New-York Historical Society
Type: Art Museums, History Museums, Museums
170 Central Park West @ 77th St.
New York, NY 10024
- Mon: Close
- Tue-Thu,: Sat; 10am-6pm
- Fri: 10am-8pm
- Sun: 11am-5pm
- Adult $10; Senior $7; Student $6; Child (12 and under) Free
- Museums: "The New-York Historical Society offers free daily tours of its collections at 2 and 3:30 PM; its Caffe Storico is a good spot to catch your breath."
- Best for Museums Because: From the Underground Railroad Collection to the Tiffany Glass Gallery, N-YHS shines a special light on the diverse history of the region.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The DiMenna Children's History Museum at the N-YHS is a museum-within-a-museum with interactive displays and a Sunday Story Hour.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Fabulously installed exhibits of the Audubon watercolors, the Underground Railroad Collection, the new room of Tiffany Glass and dozens of Hudson River School paintings.