Explore New York
Also Featured In
Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island
Type: Active, Art & Culture, Art Museums, Children's Museums, City, Cultural Venues, Great Views, Historic Sites, History Museums, Museums, Tours and Excursions, Uniquely Here
- Memorial Day - Labor Day: Daily 8:30am-6:15pm
- Labor Day - Memorial Day: Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult $18; Senior (62+) $14; Child (4-12) $9; Child (0-3) Free
- Sightseeing: "If you're not interested in paying the hefty fees, hop on the Staten Island Ferry. It's free and you'll still be able to sneak peeks at Lady Liberty."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Statue of Liberty is one of New York's most recognizable icons.
- Historic Sites: "Don't miss out on visiting the statue because it's only accessible by boat, set on a government-run island in the middle of New York Harbor; it's easy to work into your trip with some advance planning."
- Best for Historic Sites Because: On October 28, 1886, a million New Yorkers cheered the official dedication. Since then nine million immigrants passed through until 1954.
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "To avoid long lines, book your Statue of Liberty tickets online."
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: You can actually get a good view of the Statue of Liberty right from Brooklyn's cruise port. Or you can go see it directly.