The North Carolina Arboretum
Western North Carolina's beauty and Appalachian culture take the stage at this public garden, located near the Blue Ridge Parkway. More than 60 acres of the arboretum are expertly cultivated gardens... Read More
Western North Carolina's beauty and Appalachian culture take the stage at this public garden, located near the Blue Ridge Parkway. More than 60 acres of the arboretum are expertly cultivated gardens that showcase a variety of flora, including one of the most extensive bonsai collections in the US. Also on display are an ericaceous (acid soil-loving) plant collection with more than 16 species of native and hybrid azaleas and the Heritage Garden, which highlights plants pivotal to the region's craft industry. Ten miles of trails allow visitors to fully explore the unique landscape. Each season, the center hosts educational programs, workshops, and demonstrations.
100 Frederick Law Olmsted Wy
Asheville, NC 28806
- Education Center: Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun Noon-5pm
- Greenhouse: Mon-Fri 8am-2pm
- Property Hours: Daily 8am-7pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Parking Fee Call for Details
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you're traveling with kids, be sure to borrow one of the free nature packs from the welcome center. It comes with a net, maps, flora and fauna guides plus a few other handy tools budding explorers will love."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: For just a $12 parking fee, the entire family can gain access to one of the area's most picturesque places and best hike sites.