Night market at Feast — Photo courtesy of Little Green Pickle / Feast
Why is this a must-attend event in Portland? It's because Feast Portland is more than a food and drink festival. It’s a movement that showcases the energy, creativity and enthusiasm that’s driving America’s food revolution, while also celebrating two of the culinary world’s most inspiring places: Portland and Oregon.
Feast includes everything from spirited, one-of-a-kind, large-scale events that feature trendsetting chefs from all over the country and the world to intimate hands-on classes collaborative dinners and panels.
Feast also offers some of the most compelling experiences and original programming in the modern food festival conversation!
Here are just a few of the events that will take place during Feast this year:
Thursday, Sept. 17
- More Girls! Girls! Girls! – Back by popular demand, Feast Portland’s all-star, all-female chef collaborative dinner features a most fabulous female chef foursome, representing a span of geography, an encyclopedia of technique and miles of style. This year features chefs Amanda Cohen (Dirt Candy); Elizabeth Falkner (Falk Yeah Productions); Sarah Schafer (Irving Street Kitchen); and Jenn Louis (Lincoln) at Lincoln.
- Bon Appetit's Hot 10 Dinner – It's a celebration of the magazine's annual best new restaurants issue, which includes Aaron Silverman (Rose’s Luxury); 2013 alum Abe Conlon; and Adrienne Lo (Fat Rice); fellow 2013 inductee Philip Krajeck (Rolf & Daughters); and 2014 member and Portlander Kristen Murray (Maurice).
Friday, Sept. 18
- Margarita’s Moment – It’s one of the most popular cocktails in the world, but it doesn’t always get the treatment it deserves. Find out how to make the best margarita possible, and learn about the history of one of the most iconic cocktails around with Paul Clarke from Imbibe and Jeffrey Morgenthaler from Clyde Common.
Saturday, Sept. 19
- Nordic Dinner – Discover flavors of Norway at Feast's Nordic Dinner, featuring Christopher Haatuft, Naomi Pomeroy, Paul Qui and Holdfast Dining duo Joel Stocks and Will Preisch at KitchenCru.
Sunday, Sept. 20
- Crucifery Dinner – This is a vegetable focused dinner that vegetarians will not want to miss! Franklin Becker (The Little Beet); Viet Pham (Ember + Ash); Katy Millard (Coquine); and Cathy Whims (Nostrana) will be in the kitchen.
Many of Portland's best chefs will also be hosting special dinners. And all events will take place in downtown Portland at popular restaurants or parks.
Event prices are all inclusive, so once you’ve paid for your tickets, there are no extra charges for food, drinks or gratuity. Prices vary depending on which event you decide to attend. Unless stated otherwise, events are for those 21 and up only.
Net proceeds from Feast Portland are donated to Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon (PFHO) and Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign.
PFHO has served over 700,000 meals to at-risk kids over the past five years. And since 2012, Feast Portland has raised over $162,000 towards this cause. When you buy a ticket, you're providing support that PFHO uses to launch or expand over 300 local children’s meal programs.
Feast Portland 2015 is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 17, through Sunday, Sept. 20. To buy tickets or find an event, visit the Feast Portland website.