Also Featured In
Type: Family Friendly, Sightseeing, Zoos
Among Portlanders with kids, spending a day at the zoo is probably the most favorite of family activities. Located up above the city in Washington Park, the zoo is home to more than 1000 animals. ... Read More
Among Portlanders with kids, spending a day at the zoo is probably the most favorite of family activities. Located up above the city in Washington Park, the zoo is home to more than 1000 animals. The staff work constantly to improve the living environments and enrich the lives of the many species they house. Exhibits mimicking the environments on all seven continents add to visitors' understanding of the natural world while offering great views of authentic animal behavior. During the summer, the Zoo's main lawn is a popular live music venue with a broad range of evening concerts. During the Holiday Season, more than a million bulbs create a shimmering wonderland called Zoolights.
- Jun - Aug Daily 8am-6pm
- Sep - May Daily 9am-4pm
- Adult $10.50; Senior (65+) $9; Child (3-11) $7.50; Child (2 and under) Free;
- Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near Moda Center: "Kids love the train ride!"
- Outdoor Activities: "Kids will love the train ride and parents will appreciate a break from walking!"
- Things to Do in December: "Check the weather and try to attend Zoolights on a night it will not be raining."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Pack a picnic lunch and eat during the bird show."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Oregon Zoo is simply amazing, one of the best zoos in the United States.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The sprawling Oregon Zoo is a must on any visit to Portland.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Zoolights is a unique way to experience the Oregon Zoo during December.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Kids always enjoy a visit to the zoo and the Oregon Zoo features over 1,000 different animals.
- Best for Attractions near Moda Center Because: The Oregon Zoo is an incredible zoo that everyone loves and it just a short drive from the Moda Center.