Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
Type: IMAX Theaters, Museums, Planetarium / Observatory, Science Museums
Known by the acronym OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is a favorite family day trip for locals and tourists alike. Kid's will find a wide range of interactive exhibits that both... Read More
Known by the acronym OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is a favorite family day trip for locals and tourists alike. Kid's will find a wide range of interactive exhibits that both educate and fascinate. Younger children have a whole exhibit hall geared towards hand-on exploration called The Science Playground, built for kids 6 and under. Science labs throughout the museum encourage experimentation that deepens visitors' understanding of life, the world and the universe. Aspiring astronomers will love the Kendall Planetarium, the largest and most advanced planetarium in the Northwest. The Omnimax theater has a five-story high domed shaped screen creating a incredibly immersive Imax movie experience. Visitors also have the rare opportunity to tour a vintage Navy submarine, mored in the Willamette River directly behind the museum.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Museum Adult $11; Senior $9; Child $9;
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: OMSI is a great museum full of fun hands on activities for the whole family
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Oregon Museum of Science is a huge science museum with hands-on activities for all ages.
- Best for Museums Because: An impressive science museum with something for everyone, including a learning area just for babies.
- Best for Attractions near Moda Center Because: OMSI is just south of the Moda Center and a neat place for families to visit and play.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: OMSI is a great museum full of fun hands on activities for the whole family.