Also Featured In
Kells Irish Restaurant and Pub
Type: Late Night / After Hours, Live Entertainment, Pub
A longtime favorite downtown spot for people of all ages, Kells offers Irish food and drinks with a Northwest influence. Nightly shows make this pub the best place in Portland to hear traditional... Read More
A longtime favorite downtown spot for people of all ages, Kells offers Irish food and drinks with a Northwest influence. Nightly shows make this pub the best place in Portland to hear traditional Irish music. A separate cigar lounge (with separate ventilation, of course) offers a wide selection of smokes. Though Kells offers Guinness Stout and a selection of beers and wines, it really stands out with its menu of single-malt scotch and Irish whiskey. The menu offers some traditional Irish favorites along with some more typical American fare. Kells is also open for and breakfast on the weekends. Happy hour is Monday through Friday 3pm-6:30pm and again from 10pm-close. It's also on Sunday from 7pm-close.
- Mon-Thu: 11:30am-1am
- Fri: 11:30am-2am
- Sat: 7am-2am
- Sun: 7am-1am
- Fri-Sat Cover Charge: $3
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Kells has been a staple of Portland nightlife for years and continues to be one of the liveliest places in town.
- Best for Brew Pubs Because: Kells is a local favorite. The food is always good and there is often live entertainment.
- Best for Live Music Because: Kells is an exciting place to hangout and a locals' favorite.
- Best for Bars Because: Kells is always a fun place to go and they have shows every night.
- Best for Sports Bars Because: Kells has exclusive rights in Portland to show GAA games making it the place to see international sports.