National Apple Museum
Type: History Museums, Museums
The Biglerville Historical and Preservation Society opened this museum in 1990 as a tribute to the founders of the area's apple industry. Housed in a restored pre-Civil War bank barn, the museum... Read More
The Biglerville Historical and Preservation Society opened this museum in 1990 as a tribute to the founders of the area's apple industry. Housed in a restored pre-Civil War bank barn, the museum showcases exhibits on the history and artifacts pertaining to the Apple and Tree Fruit Industry's history in Adams County. Here you will find exhibits on early apple picking, shipping, packing, life-size replicas of a horse and farmer, widow-maker ladders, machinery, and an 1880's kitchen. You'll also see displays of early deeds and warrants that were created on sheepskin. Delicious apple treats are served. If you or your child are a fan of apples, this would make a tasty stop on your Gettysburg tour.
154 W Hanover St
Biglerville, PA 17307
- May: -; Oct Sat; 10am-4pm
- Sun: 1pm-4pm Nov; -; Apr By; Appointment
- Adult $2; Senior $1.75; Child (6-16) $1
- Best Attractions & Activities: "The museum ha a list of nearby local fruit growers farm markets you can visit while you're in town."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Children will have an opportunity to see late 19th century farm tools like an apple press and orchard tools.