Academy of Natural Sciences
Type: Museums, Science Museums
This internationally-renowned museum dates back to 1812 and serves as a public forum for environmental research and education. Numerous interactive exhibits are particularly fun for children, and... Read More
This internationally-renowned museum dates back to 1812 and serves as a public forum for environmental research and education. Numerous interactive exhibits are particularly fun for children, and include live animals, dinosaurs, and insects. Greeting visitors when they enter are huge dinosaur skeletons, which are showstopping in their reconstructed size. Throughout the rest of the four floors of the building are exhibits and displays and interactive opportunities for kids to discover and learn about animals. Many are featured at times as part of live demonstrations so that children can see and hear and often touch the creatures that are being talked about.
1900 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Mon-Fri 10am-4:30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm
- Adult $12; Senior (65+) $10; Student $10; Military $10; Child (3-12) $10
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Best for kiddos under about the age of seven, this place is perfect for a rainy day or for just exploring new things.
- Best for Museums Because: This is the oldest natural history museum in the Americas. Perfect for children who love dinosaurs.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Little ones will be amazed at all there is to see and learn at this incredible museum right in Center City.