Franklin Institute Science Museum
Type: Museums, Planetarium / Observatory, Science Museums
Offering more than a dozen interactive exhibits, the Franklin Institute Science Museum is a favorite for both the young and young at heart. Children especially love walking through the world's largest... Read More
Offering more than a dozen interactive exhibits, the Franklin Institute Science Museum is a favorite for both the young and young at heart. Children especially love walking through the world's largest artificial heart and learning about energy transfer via the Giant Newton's Cradle and Ball Launcher. Guests also discover the nation's second-oldest planetarium, Fels Planetarium, and on the top floor, an observatory where they can view the Sun, Moon and Jupiter. Have fun with electricity, wind, gravity, learn about medicine and health, sports and space. It's great for all ages and perfect for morning or afternoon exploration that'll keep kids talking about the place for long after you've headed home.
- Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Museum Admission Adult $15.50; Senior (62+) $14.50; Military $14.50; Child (4-11) $12
Museum plus IMAX Adult $21; Senior (62+) $20; Military $20; Child (4-11) $17.50
Museum plus Franklin Theater Adult $19.50; Senior (62+) $18.50; Military $18.50; Child (4-11) $16
- Family-Friendly Museums, Sightseeing: "Be sure to check out the new Brain exhibit located here for a super educational and fun visit."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Be sure to check on and plan to visit the newest exhibits located here for a super educational and fun visit."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Be sure to check out the new exhibits located here for a super educational and fun visit. Marvel: Universe of Superheroes runs from April 13, 2019 to September 2, 2019."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Science is fun, and this museum proves it. Take everyone, young or old, and they'll come away with cool facts they never knew before.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Science lovers and fun lovers will adore exploring this top-rated science museum. It's been voted one of the best museums for kids in the country.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Who knew Philadelphia had such a rich collection of artifacts from so many other places? This museum is a fun way to see them.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Learning and exploring science can be fun? Yes, and this place is the king of that kind of experience.