Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Price Range: $$$
Before James Beard chef Michael Solomonov opened the only upscale Israeli restaurant in Philadelphia, he took his entire staff to Israel to give them a taste of the land, the spirit and the food. The... Read More
Before James Beard chef Michael Solomonov opened the only upscale Israeli restaurant in Philadelphia, he took his entire staff to Israel to give them a taste of the land, the spirit and the food. The result is a very modern experience that draws from recipes cooked since ancient times. Innovative drinks, a small-plates approach and one of the largest Israeli wine lists outside of the Middle East make Zahav an ideal place to go to learn about an unfamiliar cuisine or return again and again for old favorites. The restaurant Esquire rated a Top 20 Best New Restaurant in 2008 is romantic, intimate and lively enough to provide a welcoming setting for couples, families and friends.
237 Saint James Place
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Best Restaurants, Lunch, Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants near Lincoln Financial Field: "Plates are sized to be shared; order several and let the tasting begin."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Looking for something out of your comfort zone for dinner? This place fits the bill with delicious diversions.
- Best for Lunch Because: When it comes to doing things a bit differently, a visit to Zahav is perfect, allowing your tastebuds to experience delicious new options.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Places like Zahav, with its Israeli cuisine, make it clear that all sorts of eateries can have healthy eating options.
- Best for Restaurants near Lincoln Financial Field Because: Not all visitors to South Philadelphia want cheesesteaks and Italian food. Zahav delivers with something different and delicious.
Find the 10Best nearby: