Type: Historic Sites, Sightseeing
The Liberty Bell Center is a Philadelphia must-see. Visitors can not only view the famous Liberty Bell, one of the most recognized symbols of American freedom, but also learn its history. Films,... Read More
The Liberty Bell Center is a Philadelphia must-see. Visitors can not only view the famous Liberty Bell, one of the most recognized symbols of American freedom, but also learn its history. Films, historical documents, and visual displays enlighten visitors on its history and why it has become the symbol of freedom for many. Take the time to read the many informative plaques and view the pictures along the way telling the Liberty Bell's past and stories that pertain to its place throughout history. Viewing the bell itself at the back of the building it's now housed in allows for scenic photographs, and the privilege of taking in a huge symbol of this country's storied past.
- Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm
- Sat-Sun: 9am-6pm
- Family-Friendly Museums, Historic Sites: "Taking a photo at the Bell with Independence Hall and the flowers of Spring and Summer in the background out the back window makes for a scenic souvenir for anyone."
- Free Things to Do: "You can post your pictures with the bell right on social media if you'd like, as Liberty Bell Center offers free WiFi on-site."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: You can visit the Liberty Bell but also read the history surrounding it and learn about the role it played in the Nation's past.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's hard to believe a sight so iconic to the city of Philadelphia is free to visit.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: A visit to Philadelphia seems to be incomplete without at least one stop at this iconic spot.