Type: Historic Sites, Sightseeing
The Liberty Bell is obviously one of Philadelphia's most famous sites, but did you know it's also one of the most memorable free attractions in the city? Yes, we said free! Located on Market Street,... Read More
The Liberty Bell is obviously one of Philadelphia's most famous sites, but did you know it's also one of the most memorable free attractions in the city? Yes, we said free! Located on Market Street, the Liberty Bell Center is open year-round and offers visitors a chance to learn more about this iconic piece of history. A video presentation and various informative exhibits focus on the bell's origins, how it cracked, its role throughout history and its significance today. The cherished bell itself is displayed at the back of the center and is the perfect place to grab a photo.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Free Things to Do: "You can post your pictures with the bell right on social media if you'd like, as Liberty Bell Center offers free WiFi on-site."
- Family-Friendly Museums, Historic Sites: "Taking a photo at the Bell with Independence Hall and the flowers of Spring and Summer in the background out the back window makes for a scenic souvenir for anyone."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's hard to believe a sight so iconic to the city of Philadelphia is free to visit.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: You can visit the Liberty Bell but also read the history surrounding it and learn about the role it played in the Nation's past.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: A visit to Philadelphia seems to be incomplete without at least one stop at this iconic spot.