Also Featured In
Cuisine: European, French
Price Range: $$
Philadelphia's top dining critic bestows rare top honors on the 30-seat BYOB "bistro" that elevates French peasant food into fine-dining art. Chef/owner Pierre Calmels boasts an impeccable French... Read More
Philadelphia's top dining critic bestows rare top honors on the 30-seat BYOB "bistro" that elevates French peasant food into fine-dining art. Chef/owner Pierre Calmels boasts an impeccable French culinary pedigree, and his wife, Charlotte, is revered for her graciousness at the front-of-the-house of this East Passyunk staple. This family-run small establishment is great when you want to feel cozy and well-taken-care-of in a setting that's akin to a friend's kitchen. Remember to hit up the ATM before arriving, however, as this spot is cash-only. Reservations recommended, as is a cult bottle of French red worth showing off. 1009 S. 8th St., 215-965-8290, biboubyobcom
- BYOB Restaurants: "Go Sunday for a four-course, $45 prix-fixe dinner, and remember the restaurant is cash only."
- Best Restaurants: "Arrive early for the chance to savor some of their on-menu bone marrow."
- French: "This restaurant is a BYOB, so be sure to bring along the spirit of your choice to complete your meal, and remember it's cash only."
- Best for BYOB Restaurants Because: With a gracious front-of-house to match the finesse delivered by the kitchen, Bibou has arisen as arguably the best French restaurant in Philadelphia.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Perfect for when you're craving an intimate, upscale experience.
- Best for French Because: This is one of the most talked-about French eateries in Philadelphia with good reason. Try something from seasonal menu and see why.