Also Featured In
Tucked away deep in Alfama, Lisbon's oldest neighbourhood, is this charming and wonderfully decorative restaurant. The pretty courtyard intimately set over cobblestone at the front belies a voluminous... Read More
Tucked away deep in Alfama, Lisbon's oldest neighbourhood, is this charming and wonderfully decorative restaurant. The pretty courtyard intimately set over cobblestone at the front belies a voluminous interior, with no less than three floors that can cater for larger gatherings if necessary. The menu errs towards traditional Portuguese gastronomy from the country and the ocean, and there's an impressive wine list to match. The desserts, meanwhile, are mouth-watering. The decor reflects a warm, homely feel that's somewhat incongruously heightened by dozens of black and white photographs of famous personalities from the world of entertainment (how many can you name?)
- Late Night: "Outside tables are set under an attractive courtyard embroidered with twisting vines."
- Group Friendly: "Group menus are available to a minimum of five persons, and a limited drinks selection is included."
- Family Friendly: "On warm summer nights tables are set under a beautiful courtyard embroidered with twisting vines and illuminated by spotlight."
- Alfama/Graça's Best Restaurants: "If you're visiting in a group of five or more and after a light lunch, consider the petisco (savoury snack) menu."
- Best for Late Night Because: The wonderfully evocative Santo António de Alfama is especially alluring at night when it exudes a romantic and intimate air.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: One of Alfama's scene-stealers, this charming tasca is known for its friendly service, traditional cuisine and generous portions.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Dining at Santo António da Alfama is a memorable culinary treat as well as a holiday highlight for those exploring Lisbon's oldest district.
- Best for Alfama/Graça's Best Restaurants Because: One of the most picturesque settings of any restaurant in Alfama, Santo António de Alfama lures with a beautiful and romantic open terrace.