Also Featured In
Cuisine: Continental, European, Mediterranean, Portuguese
Price Range: $$$$
This was the first restaurant in Lisbon to receive a Michelin star and subsequently set the city's culinary bar to the highest level. Eleven has since enjoyed an almost flawless history as one of... Read More
This was the first restaurant in Lisbon to receive a Michelin star and subsequently set the city's culinary bar to the highest level. Eleven has since enjoyed an almost flawless history as one of Lisbon's top gourmet hotspots, although competition at this standard is now fierce. The restaurant enjoys an elevated position at the top of the city's Parque Eduardo VII and affords diners sweeping views of the Portuguese capital. Directing the kitchen is acclaimed German chef Joachim Koerper, who has worked in some of Europe's most celebrated Michelin-starred restaurants. Koerper's great love is southern European gastronomy and his tasting menus here celebrate the fresh, subtle flavors of Portugal, Spain and Italy. A Grand Chef Relais & Chateaux, Koerper describes his cuisine as "luminous and elegant" and rooted in traditions of Mediterranean cooking. Complementing the food is an impressive wine list, with some of Portugal's finest labels sharing the cellar with a noted international selection.
- Fine Dining: "Ty the lobster with cauliflower pannacotta and watercress sauce."
- Avenida Liberdade/Marques de Pombal/Estefânia's Best Restaurants: "Chef Joachim Koerper makes a point of meeting diners at the table. Why don't you quiz his culinary brain?"
- Breakfast/Brunch: "Ideal for family groups, children under 12 enjoy a 50% discount."
- Best for Fine Dining Because: One of Lisbon's original high-end culinary destinations, Eleven has managed to reinvent itself on several occasions to maintain its Michelin-star status.
- Best for Avenida Liberdade/Marques de Pombal/Estefânia's Best Restaurants Because: Eleven catapulted Lisbon into Europe's gourmet cookbook and has proved an endearing fixture on the capital's restaurant scene ever since. It's deserving of its Michelin star.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Michelin-starred Eleven can be applauded for being the first restaurant to truly raise the bar as far as gourmet dining in Lisbon is concerned.