Also Featured In
Floresta do Salitre
Cuisine: European, Portuguese
Price Range: $
Don't be surprised if you end up waiting to be seated lunchtimes at this lively little restaurant: Floresta do Salitre is a favourite with lisboetas seeking midday sustenance, and local office workers... Read More
Don't be surprised if you end up waiting to be seated lunchtimes at this lively little restaurant: Floresta do Salitre is a favourite with lisboetas seeking midday sustenance, and local office workers â" secretaries, admin bods and probably even their managing directors â" snap up many of the tables. The food is typical Portuguese fare, homemade and served promptly with minimum fuss. They're big on seafood here, with a delicious array of grilled fish options embellishing a menu that also lists food from the countryside â" lamb, chicken and pork dishes variously prepared and representing different regions of Portugal. Complementing the gastronomy are wines sold by the glass or available by the bottle.
Rua do Salitre 42-B
+351 21 354 7605
- Mon-Sat Noon-3pm, 7pm-10:30pm
- Lunch: "The best lunchtime deal is the prato do dia, the "dish of the day". This sometimes includes Bitoque â" steak and chips."
- Avenida Liberdade/Marques de Pombal/Estefânia's Best Restaurants: "Expect a crowd when the television is screening a local football game."
- Best for Lunch Because: A family-run restaurant serving locals for many years, Floresta do Salitre remains refreshingly bereft of tourist trimmings.
- Best for Avenida Liberdade/Marques de Pombal/Estefânia's Best Restaurants Because: Good, no-nonsense food at very reasonable prices served with genuine pride in a family-run city-centre restaurant. Perfect!