Also Featured In
Floresta do Salitre
Cuisine: European, Portuguese
Price Range: $
Don't be surprised if you end up waiting to be seated lunchtimes at this lively little restaurant: Floresta do Salitre is a favourite with lisboetas seeking midday sustenance, and local office workers... Read More
Don't be surprised if you end up waiting to be seated lunchtimes at this lively little restaurant: Floresta do Salitre is a favourite with lisboetas seeking midday sustenance, and local office workers – secretaries, admin bods and probably even their managing directors – snap up many of the tables. The food is typical Portuguese fare, homemade and served promptly with minimum fuss. They're big on seafood here, with a delicious array of grilled fish options embellishing a menu that also lists food from the countryside – lamb, chicken and pork dishes variously prepared and representing different regions of Portugal. Complementing the gastronomy are wines sold by the glass or available by the bottle.
Rua do Salitre 42-B
+351 21 354 7605
- Mon-Sat Noon-3pm, 7pm-11pm
- Lunch: "The best lunchtime deal is the prato do dia, the "dish of the day". This sometimes includes Bitoque – steak and chips."
- Avenida Liberdade/Marques de Pombal/Estefânia's Best Restaurants: "Expect a crowd when the television is screening a local football game."
- Best for Lunch Because: A family-run restaurant serving locals for many years, Floresta do Salitre remains refreshingly bereft of tourist trimmings.
- Best for Avenida Liberdade/Marques de Pombal/Estefânia's Best Restaurants Because: Good, no-nonsense food at very reasonable prices served with genuine pride in a family-run city-centre restaurant. Perfect!