Also Featured In
Clube da Esquina
Type: Bar, Late Night / After Hours, Lounge, Nightlife District, Pub Crawl
Sited on one of the bairro's busiest junctions, the one-room "club" lures a slightly less frivolous crowd who appreciate the pub atmosphere and a chill-out soundtrack that's never louder than the... Read More
Sited on one of the bairro's busiest junctions, the one-room "club" lures a slightly less frivolous crowd who appreciate the pub atmosphere and a chill-out soundtrack that's never louder than the conversation. This bar has been pulling them in for years and is a regular haunt for locals, especially at weekends. Word of mouth and a busy social media network has also lured out-of-towners and young clubbers who like to commence a night out by sinking a few here in relative calm (and may even be lucky enough to bag a prized chair at one of the tables) before the midnight crowd turn up. After that, it's standing room only.
Rua da Barroca 30-32
+351 929 092 742
- Mon-Thu: 7pm-2am
- Fri-Sat: 7pm-3am
- Sun: 9pm-2am Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Bairro Alto/Principe Real's Best Bars: "The bar is blessed with large windows the shutters of which are always thrown open – a real gift on hot summer nights."
- Bars: "This is a great place to meet up. Arrive a little earlier, say 8pm, and it's pleasantly un-crowded and perfect for a pre-dinner aperitif."
- Best for Bairro Alto/Principe Real's Best Bars Because: A landmark nightspot that's managed to defy fickle fashion and music trends and economic downturns, Clube da Esquina remains a "tick the box" venue.
- Best for Bars Because: Part of the neighbourhood furniture, this bar has managed to successfully weather fashion, recession and fickle music tastes for years.