Also Featured In
D. Dinis Wall
Type: Architecture, Art & Culture, Cultural Venues, Family Friendly, Free Attractions, Historic Sites, History Museums, Museums, Outdoor Activities - Winter, Unusual
- Wed-Sat 10am-6pm
- Historic Sites: "Entry to the Interpretation Centre is free and also allows visitors access to the church where contemporary art exhibitions are held."
- Free Things to Do: "The Interpretation Centre is housed in the refurbished Church of S. Juliao, which is, in fact, the free-to-enter Museu do Dinheiro."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Take time to wander the deconsecrated church set above the Interpretation Centre, itself part of the Bank of Portugal's former premises. And look out for the old bank vault."
- Best for Historic Sites Because: This is the only medieval city wall in Lisbon that can be fully appreciated and understood in a purpose-built Interpretation Centre.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The D. Dinis Wall is the only medieval wall in Lisbon showcased within an Interpretation Centre. It's complemented by a museum and gallery space.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: A fantastic example of how an important archaeological site can be incorporated into an existing building, the D. Dinis Wall enriches the Lisbon visitor experience.