Cuisine: European, Portuguese
Price Range: $$
A cherished culinary institution and a noted cultural landmark, this cavernous beer hall and restaurant enjoy an illustrious history. The building stands on the site of a former monastery, later a... Read More
A cherished culinary institution and a noted cultural landmark, this cavernous beer hall and restaurant enjoy an illustrious history. The building stands on the site of a former monastery, later a brewery. The beer is no longer made on the premises but it's still served with gusto along with a delicious selection of traditional Portuguese fare. Several rooms – the atrium, dining hall, and the Maria Keil room – are set under vaulted ceilings and decorated with outstanding azulejo (tile) panels depicting Masonic-inspired mosaics of exceptional craftsmanship. Dishes like tasty octopus salad and an amazing variety of shellfish options enhance the dining experience. So, too, the tender juicy steaks that are prepared using secret recipes handed down over generations. A range of Portuguese beers, including the restaurant's own special brew, plus international lagers, complement a select wine list.
- Late Night: "Try a simple plate of prawns with lemon juice and a glass of Bohemia beer - a very tasty way of ending the evening."
- Group Friendly: "The group menus are designed for a minimum of ten people, and drinks are not included in the price."
- Family Friendly: "If visiting as a party or family of ten or more persons, consider the group menu options. Note however that drinks are not included."
- Best for Late Night Because: Trindade is a noted culinary institution and perfectly placed to feed hungry crowds after their night out in nearby Bairro Alto.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: This acclaimed eatery has a history going back to 1294; the brewery opened in 1840 and closed in 1935. It became a restaurant in 1959.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Trindade has a noble provenance that dates back to 1294. The building was converted to a restaurant in 1959.
Find the 10Best nearby: