Cuisine: Asian, European, Japanese, Portuguese, Seafood, Sushi
Price Range: $$
One of Lisbon's most popular seafood restaurants, Sea Me is a feast for the senses in that it serves as a typical Portuguese fishmonger, beer house, and Japanese sushi bar rolled into one. Indeed, the... Read More
One of Lisbon's most popular seafood restaurants, Sea Me is a feast for the senses in that it serves as a typical Portuguese fishmonger, beer house, and Japanese sushi bar rolled into one. Indeed, the guys that run this place have successfully reinterpreted the concept of the traditional fish and seafood eatery. A supercool interior design greets diners, an inviting combination of natural wood and stainless steel. One glance at the menu and you're hooked, dishes that include humongous seafood platters, grilled fish cuts, and an extraordinary range of seafood options, crab, lobster, and clams included. A favorite plate is the slow oven-baked octopus with potato and turnip greens. But they also rustle up a tempting sardine nigiri, a delicious example of the Asian-fusion options that elevate Sea Me's extensive menu. The sushi is as good as anything presented in the city's finest Japanese restaurants, and the wine list has been created to match the locally caught ocean harvest.
- Best Restaurants: "Order a plate of mouth-watering oysters and a glass of white wine, the restaurant's signature snack."
- Baixa/Chiado's Best Restaurants, Best Value: "Note that prices quoted are per kilo, so make sure you establish the cost of your meal beforehand."
- Late Night: "Beware when ordering seafood that prices quoted are per kilo so agree on the price of your selection before ordering."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Locals cite Sea Me as one of the city's finest restaurants for its seafood menu, value for money, and hip vibe, a winning combination.
- Best for Baixa/Chiado's Best Restaurants Because: One of Lisbon's most popular and original seafood restaurants, Sea Me combines a traditional market ambiance with super cool and contemporary interior design.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Good seafood eaten in a fine restaurant is never a money saver, but when it's plated to this standard it's worth splashing out for.
- Best for Late Night Because: Sea Me is always an agreeable restaurant to enjoy a seafood supper. On Friday and Saturday nights though, the vibe is especially animated.