Cuisine: Asian, European, Japanese, Mediterranean, Portuguese, Seafood, Sushi
Price Range: $$
In English Peixaria Moderna means "modern fish market", and this is exactly what this stylish eatery functions as. The selection of seasonal fresh fish and seafood is outstanding and rather than... Read More
In English Peixaria Moderna means "modern fish market", and this is exactly what this stylish eatery functions as. The selection of seasonal fresh fish and seafood is outstanding and rather than hidden away in the kitchen, the "catch" is displayed across a balcony on the restaurant floor. The idea is that customers select their meal as if shopping at a market, with a member of the waiting staff on hand to help with making the selection And it can be a tough call. The choice is bewildering, with dozens of different fish and shellfish caught in various grounds along the Portuguese coast providing a tempting ocean harvest. Sea Me is also a sushi bar so if you prefer you can turn to Japan for tempura, sashimi and other delights from the land of the rising sun.
- Best Value, Baixa/Chiado's Best Restaurants: "Note that prices quoted are per kilo, so make sure you establish the cost of your meal beforehand."
- Best Restaurants: "Order a plate of mouth-watering oysters and a glass of white wine, the restaurant's signature snack."
- Late Night: "Beware when ordering seafood that prices quoted are per kilo so agree on the price of your selection before ordering."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Good seafood eaten in a fine restaurant can be pricy. But when plated to this high standard, it's worth splashing out for.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Locals cite Sea Me as one of the city's finest restaurants for its seafood menu, value for money, and hip vibe, a winning combination.
- Best for Baixa/Chiado's Best Restaurants Because: One of Lisbon's most popular and original seafood restaurants, Sea Me combines a traditional market ambiance with super cool and contemporary interior design.
- Best for Late Night Because: Sea Me is always an agreeable restaurant to enjoy a seafood supper. On Friday and Saturday nights though, the vibe is especially animated.
Find the 10Best nearby: