Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Portuguese, Seafood
Price Range: $$
The well-respected national chain of Portugália restaurants and beer halls includes this hugely popular waterfront venue located near Cais do Sodré The restaurant specializes in catering for... Read More
The well-respected national chain of Portugália restaurants and beer halls includes this hugely popular waterfront venue located near Cais do Sodré The restaurant specializes in catering for families, large groups and special occasions, like birthdays and weddings etc, and is often busy even during the day. Highly regarded for its seafood choice such as crab, lobster and grilled tiger prawn (which, it has to be said, can be a bit pricy) the menu also stands out for its succulent steaks including a great Portuguese standby, bitoque (fried beefsteak topped with fried egg with chips and garnished with salad). The range of beers is excellent and the wine list is of an equally high calibre.
- Waterfront Dining: "A creative menu aimed at kids provides bite-sized portions at half the price."
- Late Night: "As well as Friday and Saturday nights, the restaurant stays open till 1am on the eve of Portuguese national holidays."
- Group Friendly, Family Friendly: "A creative menu aimed at kids provides bit-sized portions at half the price."
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Portugália's position along the promenade overlooking the river allows for pleasant waterfront views and well as a chance to dine with the locals.
- Best for Late Night Because: Portugália offers superb riverside views from window tables as well as from those set on the terrace.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: The waterfront setting and lovely river views enhance any meal at this popular restaurant, where the menu errs towards traditional Portuguese fare.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: A recognised name throughout the country, Portugalia restaurants are not the cheapest places to eat, but is worth visiting for great cooking and excellent service.
Find the 10Best nearby: