Also Featured In
Chapito is Lisbon's famed circus school and performing arts centre located a couple of minutes' walk from Castelo de Sáo Jorge. Its restaurant is one of the quirkiest in town, a colourful and vibrant... Read More
Chapito is Lisbon's famed circus school and performing arts centre located a couple of minutes' walk from Castelo de Sáo Jorge. Its restaurant is one of the quirkiest in town, a colourful and vibrant eatery set in a mustard-hued townhouse. Tables are also set outside across a courtyard and a small covered terrace, and diners are treated to a spectacular downtown panorama. Food is deliciously appetising – the menu lists fresh crunchy salads (try the mackerel and boguerones) all bursting with goodness, seafood dishes such as octopus and sweet potato, and assorted toasted sandwiches and tempting desserts. Specials of the day are chalked up on a blackboard. Wine is served by the glass as well as by bottle – a dry white works wonders on a hot day! Given its location and the quality of service, a meal here is excellent value for money. Furthermore, the vibe is offbeat, eclectic and seriously friendly.
- Lunch: "To reach the restaurant you have to walk through an arts and crafts shop. Take a minute to browse the handmade jewellery."
- Family Friendly: "Check ahead to see if there are any shows being performed. Students often perform gigs on a stage set up in front of the restaurant's courtyard."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "This place is always busy during the summer months, with terrace tables at a premium on weekends. Arrive early or phone ahead."
- Best for Lunch Because: The concept behind Chapitô à Mesa is totally unique, the ambiance youthful and laid-back.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Wonderfully informal and offbeat, Chapitô à Mesa serves up delicious food and some unbeatable views.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Cracking city views and a wholesome menu place this eatery in the top billing of Lisbon's healthy eating hangouts.