Also Featured In
David da Buraca
Cuisine: European, Portuguese
Price Range: $$
A spacious and rustically decorated dining room provides ample seating for large private gatherings and tour groups at this traditional, family-run restaurant. Long tables can seat up to ten people,... Read More
A spacious and rustically decorated dining room provides ample seating for large private gatherings and tour groups at this traditional, family-run restaurant. Long tables can seat up to ten people, more if necessary when seating arrangements can be arranged to suit numbers. David da Buraca has been serving up tasty Portuguese food since the 1960s, and the menu is as homestyle and traditional as it gets. This is the place to sample succulent flame-grilled spicy chicken, tender baked fish, rich bubbling stews and deliciously nourishing soups. The house speciality is the hot stone steak, delivered rare to your table for you to cook to your own preference. Needless to say, the wine list is adventurous, with dozens of different labels to choose from.
- Group Friendly: "Ask one of the waiters to show you upstairs. The huge salon's decor has changed little in 50 years and is reserved for private parties, weddings and other celebrations."
- Homestyle: "David da Buraca's signature dish is the hot stone steak, naco na pedra. Try it with a fruity red wine from the Alentejo."
- Family Friendly: "To get here take the train from Rossio railway station to Benfica and then hail a cab to the restaurant."
- Restaurants near Estádio da Luz: "Try the naco na pedra, a thunderous and succulent steak served on piping-hot stone."
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Located well out of town and a local haunt, David da Buraca is worth seeking out for the authentic atmosphere and delicious Portuguese fare.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Serving tasty authentic Portuguese cuisine since 1967, this family-run restaurant positively buzzes with local flavour.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Dining here is to indulge in one of the most authentic dining experiences in Lisbon, where most of the clients are salt-of-the-earth locals.
- Best for Restaurants near Estádio da Luz Because: Eating at David da Buraca is to experience delicious homestyle Portuguese cooking in totally authentic surroundings.