Explore Hong Kong
Also Featured In
Star Ferry is the loveliest attraction in Hong Kong. This 115-year-old service is one of these rare attractions that are hailed by both tourists and locals. Shuttling between Tsim Sha Tsui on Kowloon... Read More
Star Ferry is the loveliest attraction in Hong Kong. This 115-year-old service is one of these rare attractions that are hailed by both tourists and locals. Shuttling between Tsim Sha Tsui on Kowloon side, and Central and Wan Chai on Hong Kong island, these 20-minute boat rides represent a lifestyle of the past: slow, soothing and stress-free. That's exactly where the excitement and enjoyment lies. It's fascinating to see the hyper-busy city from these boats: century-old colonial buildings rub shoulders with glass-walled skyscrapers on the two jam-packed waterfronts. Even with the MTR efficiently connecting Kowloon and Central, locals still choose to ride the Star Ferry now and then for that classic Hong Kong moment.
- Daily 6:30am-11:30pm
- Upper Deck Adult (12+) HKD2.50 - HKD3.40; Senior (65+) Free; Child (3-12) HKD1.50 - HKD2.10
Lower Deck Adult (12+) HKD2 - HKD2.80; Senior (65+) Free; Child (3-12) HKD1.40 - HKD2
- Best for Sightseeing Because: This is a piece of history, a sightseeing tour, and a super cheap transport of delight!
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The ferry's upper deck grants marvelous city and marine views. And what a deal!
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Not only is this a great attraction, it's a part of regular life in the city.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near Cruise Port Because: This is Hong Kong's original cross-harbor transport. It's slow, relaxing and provides a weird sensation of traveling to the future from the past.