Explore Hong Kong
Also Featured In
Hong Kong is not lacking when it comes to restaurants with a view, so a venue needs to be truly exceptional in some other way to distinguish itself from the pack. Isola's floor-to-ceiling windows and... Read More
Hong Kong is not lacking when it comes to restaurants with a view, so a venue needs to be truly exceptional in some other way to distinguish itself from the pack. Isola's floor-to-ceiling windows and huge outdoor terrace do indeed offer stunning panoramas, and its tastefully monochromatic decor is stylish and clean. But the food is stellar from appetizer to dessert. Start with baked mozzarella in walnut bread with sweet cherry tomatoes, a layering of flavors and textures that is simply brilliant. Main course dishes are just as impressive – grilled sirloin with red onion and anchovy sauce, and salt-crusted sea bass, in particular, stand out. The clientele here tends to be trendy and well-coiffed; reservations are strongly encouraged.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Isola's housed above the IFC mall, Hong Kong's swishest shopping destination, and very much the place to be seen.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: This is an inspiring restaurant, as much for its surrounds as its excellent menu.
- Best for Lunch Because: Located in the ultra-swish IFC mall, Isola is where the smart set come to lunch.
- Best for Italian Because: Good food and harbor views that are rarely bettered in Hong Kong.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: This is not just a healthy alternative, it's fun too.
- Best for Take Out Because: An escalator ride above Isola leads to one of the great harbor views of the world.