Explore Hong Kong
Also Featured In
Type: Public Spaces
Taking up three blocks of Tung Choi Street every night, this enclave of more than 100 stalls represents the epitome of Asia's market culture: a bit crowded, a lot noisy but totally stimulating. Rather... Read More
Taking up three blocks of Tung Choi Street every night, this enclave of more than 100 stalls represents the epitome of Asia's market culture: a bit crowded, a lot noisy but totally stimulating. Rather than what its name suggests, the 1,000-meter-long market sells a wide selection of clothes, shoes and travel souvenirs, from US$5 sandals to Chinese necklace pendants to the "I Love Hong Kong" T-shirts. Although it's been running for about three decades, this government-licensed street market is still set up from scratch every day. Vendors construct their tents with canvas at noon and pull them down when the market closes around midnight. Best time to go is after 7pm when tourists and merchants are at their optimal size. Nearest MTR station is Mongkok via exit E2.
Tung Choi St
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's photogenic, bustling and fun: Ladies Market is sheer entertainment.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Of all Hong Kong's outdoor markets, this is one of the liveliest.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The sights, sounds and smells of this market are sheer entertainment.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This open-air night market is a great pit shop to get your souvenir shopping done in Hong Kong.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: This open-air night market is a great one-stop shop for getting all your Hong Kong souvenirs in one go.