Explore Hong Kong
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Hong Kong Tourism Board
Sai Kung Country Park
The New Territories, once home to nothing but pastoral meadowlands, are quickly becoming industrialized and commercialized. However, this park remains a bastion of natural beauty. This unspoiled... Read More
The New Territories, once home to nothing but pastoral meadowlands, are quickly becoming industrialized and commercialized. However, this park remains a bastion of natural beauty. This unspoiled seaside area of parkland features hiking trails dotted with informative visitor centers. See the area from a watery vantage point by renting a kaido (a small boat) in the town of Sai Kung, which is flanked by protected parks. Locals say eating seafood in this town is a must.The beaches at Tai Long Wan, on the eastern fringe of the park, are the most lovely in Hong Kong and well worth the hike out.
- Daily Open 24 Hours
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This is perhaps the greatest of Hong Kong's great outdoors: rolling hills, lovely beaches, even surf!
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Who said Hong Kong isn't a beach destination? Some of the best seaside spots are located in this lovely park.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Hiking through this beautiful part of Hong Kong's countryside is truly romantic.
- Best for Parks Because: Step into Sai Kung Country Park and you really can't believe you are in Hong Kong.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Who would think this is Hong Kong – miles of hiking trail, and beaches that could rival Thailand or Bali?