Five Loaves Cafe
Price Range: $
This humble and inviting corner cafe is located on the corner of Cannon and Coming Streets, and beloved by regulars and first-time visitors alike. Any choice from the Five Loaves lunch or dinner menus... Read More
This humble and inviting corner cafe is located on the corner of Cannon and Coming Streets, and beloved by regulars and first-time visitors alike. Any choice from the Five Loaves lunch or dinner menus is likely a great value, with modestly priced yet artfully intricate soups, sandwiches and entrees. Menus provide a variety of vegetarian options, with popular soup/salad/sandwich combinations a popular option. Five Loaves salads are served with house-made dressings, and sandwiches feature meats from local Charleston area farms. Soup, dinner and dessert specials change daily, and the creative menu is organized by Herbivores, Carnivores, Between the Bread, and of course, Soups (check the chalkboard inside for daily selections). Five Loaves is ideal for an affordable lunch break or wallet-friendly date night; lunch items usually max out at $10, dinner prices typically fall below $20. Expect hearty sandwiches, impressive salad plates, and large entree portions.
- Best Value: "Make plans to visit Five Loaves on Wednesdays and Saturdays to enjoy half price bottles of wine with your dinner!"
- Lunch: "Join the regulars for lunch at Five Loaves! If you're a soup lover, try a sampling of the daily specials in three small soup pours."
- Romantic Dining: "Plan your date night for Saturday for half-price bottles of wine!"
- Best Restaurants: "Five Loaves takes on a different mood from lunch to dinner. Head here for a quicker, more casual soup and sandwich, or choose dinner for a cozy neighborhood date night."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Five Loaves has something for everyone! Check out their menu online for a sneak peek at their gluten-free options."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Ask any local for a best value meal recommendation, and they'll likely steer you down Coming Street to Five Loaves for a soup/salad/sandwich lunch.
- Best for Lunch Because: You'll likely leave Five Loaves full, happy, and impressed; this corner cafe serves gourmet soups and sandwiches on the cheap!
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The atmosphere at Five Loaves, tucked into a residential neighborhood off King Stree, lends itself perfectly to romantic dinner date.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: A best-in-town restaurant doesn't have to be expensive. The fans of Five Loaves speak volumes for the great value of well-prepared lunch and dinner dishes.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Five Loaves is an excellent restaurant choice for lunch and dinner, for all types of diets and tastes, with one of Charleston's most varied menus.