This tiny but mighty restaurant packs in a crowd each day of the week (except Sundays when R Kitchen is closed for business). Chef and owner Ross Web heads a small team of assistant chefs in his... Read More
This tiny but mighty restaurant packs in a crowd each day of the week (except Sundays when R Kitchen is closed for business). Chef and owner Ross Web heads a small team of assistant chefs in his venture here on Rutledge Ave--to bring affordable fine dining to downtown Charleston in a comfortable, open, and inviting environment. While they're at it, R Kitchen offers much more to its small group of guests at each of three nightly seatings: a $25, 5-course meal that emphasizes local, seasonal ingredients and a menu that's crafted to meet the needs and tastes of each guest in attendance that evening. Call ahead for reservations (nightly reservations here are in high demand) and be sure to disclose any dietary needs or preferences. Chef Ross will take care of your party, and you'll be able to watch each step taken to prepare and serve your dinner.
212 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403
Due to COVID-19, please check with the business for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Best Value, Best Restaurants: "You can't get much better than 5 courses for $25, especially when your meal comes alongside a live cooking session seen easily from most seats in the house (plus on-point wine pairings)."
- Romantic Dining: "There isn't much parking provided by R Kitchen, and on weekend nights parking may be sparse in the surrounding residential streets. Your best bet is to walk or snag an Uber or bike taxi."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: R Kitchen only has three seatings each night it's open, but a stroll past the restaurant at dinnertime proves its popularity and allure.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: R Kitchen is Charleston's affordable answer to fine food and fine dining, and each course is served to meet your wants, needs, and of-the-moment inclinations.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: R Kitchen makes our list for the dedication of head chef and owner Ross Webb's dedication to affordable fine dining and locally sourced ingredients!