Also Featured In
Cuisine: European, Italian
Price Range: $$
Italian food is pretty romantic of its own accord, but Trattoria Lucca does quite a bit to up the ante with their approach to dining atmosphere, service, and flavor. Mind-blowing bowls and plates of... Read More
Italian food is pretty romantic of its own accord, but Trattoria Lucca does quite a bit to up the ante with their approach to dining atmosphere, service, and flavor. Mind-blowing bowls and plates of delicious pasta, beef, fish, and shellfish, topped and shaped into huge portions of aromatic goodness. Think pasta that's handmade each morning, by a chef that's more than a little passionate about his craft. The food, of course is impeccable, from the Tagliolini topped with lump Blue Crab to the Grilled Angus Flatiron steak or the Spaghetti Nero with calamari, but the wines offered match the high standard for quality at Trattoria Lucca. You likely won't have room for dessert, but the staff has a knack for selling the nightly specials, and packing the sweet stuff to-go.
- Romantic Dining: "Stop by Elliotborough Mini Bar (across the street) after dinner for a nightcap."
- Best Restaurants: "Trattoria Lucca: perfect for a romantic date spot or group dinner, and perfect for just about anyone who loves pasta."
- Italian: "This romantic spot is off the beaten tourist path in the residential Elliotborough neighborhood. Expect a pleasant walk from area hotels."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The very best Italian restaurant in Charleston just so happens to be fantastically romantic. Expect low lighting, excellent service, and full bellies from Trattoria Lucca.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: When you leave a restaurant full, happy, and unable to think about anything but your meal (or maybe leftovers!), you know it's a special place.
- Best for Italian Because: Trattoria is quite often hailed as one of the most authentic and notable Italian restaurants in the country!