Type: Gardens, Historic Sites
Home to the country's oldest public gardens, this 17th-century Charleston plantation also boasts one of the nation's largest collections of vibrant azaleas and camellias. Both the nature train and... Read More
Home to the country's oldest public gardens, this 17th-century Charleston plantation also boasts one of the nation's largest collections of vibrant azaleas and camellias. Both the nature train and boat tour offer visitors an expansive tour and views of all of the plantation's breathtaking wetlands, lakes, forests and marshes. Two previous main houses were destroyed by fire during a raid by Union troops, and the current house, furnished with period pieces, dates to 1873. Magnolia Plantation is arguably one of the most serene, picturesque places in Charleston and South Carolina as a whole, so be sure to pack your camera.
3550 Ashley River Rd
Charleston, SC 29414
- Mar - Oct: Daily 8am-5:30pm
- Nov - Feb: Daily 8:30am-4:30pm
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Gardens & Grounds Adult (13+) $15; Senior $14; Child (6-12) $10; Child (0-5) Free
Each attraction: Plantation House, Nature Train, Nature Boat & Audubon Swamp (must buy ticket to Gardens & Grounds- Only Audubon Swamp Garden may be purchased separately) $8; Child (0-5) Free
- Historic Sites: "No need to pack a lunch - just visit the Peacock Cafe, located on the Magnolia Plantation property!"
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Magnolia Plantation reflects all that is beautiful and serene about the SC lowcountry - literally! The grounds reflective swamps and waters mirror every mossy detail.
Find the 10Best nearby: