Housed in a grand old bank building on Upper King, this downtown oyster bar and seafood restaurant serves only the highest quality fish and shellfish, sourcing locally and sustainably. The Ordinary... Read More
Housed in a grand old bank building on Upper King, this downtown oyster bar and seafood restaurant serves only the highest quality fish and shellfish, sourcing locally and sustainably. The Ordinary also offers a few 'exotic' (or at least adventurous) items on a daily basis, too, including Razor Clams, Spanish Octopus, among others. The freshness of the ingredients and the artistic nature of the presentation, is evidence of the care and leadership of head chef Mike Lata (also at FIG). Speaking of presentation, do you take your seafood in tower form? Bring a group shellfish lovers to The Ordinary, and mark the occasion with a double--or triple--Shellfish Tower.
544 King St
Charleston, SC 29403
- Seafood, Best Restaurants: "Oyster lovers, this is your haven! Oyster haters, there's plenty for you, here too. Lobster roll, anyone?"
- Oyster Bars: "Snag a seat at the bar. Something about the historic bank building makes a drink go all too nicely with your smoked oysters and saltines."
- Best for Seafood Because: Blossom's entire set of Southern style menu offerings are stellar, but their seafood dishes are a standout among local restaurants.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Ordinary is a wise choice whether you're looking for a few oysters or a filling meal, just as long as you enjoy fresh seafood.
- Best for Oyster Bars Because: The Ordinary reigns supreme among Charleston raw bars for its unprecedented attention to detail, stunning presentation, and sheer variety of local and exotic shellfish.