Also Featured In
The intriguing name of this romantic Charleston restaurant gives a hint at the source of its charm--based largely on its historic roots. Circa 1886 sits on the beautiful Wentworth Mansion hotel... Read More
The intriguing name of this romantic Charleston restaurant gives a hint at the source of its charm--based largely on its historic roots. Circa 1886 sits on the beautiful Wentworth Mansion hotel property, though its host establishment (founded, you guessed it, circa 1886), Wentworth Mansion, is more like a grand bed and breakfast than any ordinary hotel. Whether or not you're a guest of Wentworth Mansion (or the Urban Nirvana spa on-site), you're welcome at Circa 1886. Reservations are recommended for this fine dining establishment, along with an adventurous appetite. Dishes on this seasonal menu are beautifully plated, from the Broken Arrow Antelope Paillard to the Lamb Loin with ginger pea crust or Curried Heart of Palm. Take note: desserts at Circa 1886 are a beautiful as they are decadent--not to be missed.
- Romantic Dining: "Visiting Charleston? Opt for an indulgent stay at The Wentworth Mansion, where Circa 1886 is housed. Grand 4-poster beds and luxury accommodations, plus a 4-star restaurant steps away? That's a good deal."
- Dessert: "If you're coming for dessert, don't miss an exquisite dinner beforehand! Circa 1886 is often ranked as one of the country's best restaurants, and is housed within a 5-star property!"
- Lowcountry: "Make reservations in advance, and expect to find this fine dining restaurant within the beautiful Wentworth Mansion bed & breakfast property."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Circa 1886 gives Charleston an elegant date night option in an unbeatable location, a comfortable fine dining atmosphere in the stunning historic Wentworth Mansion.
- Best for Dessert Because: The dessert items at Circa 1886 easily keep up with the artfully plated and presented entree dishes, attracting diners to join them just for dessert.
- Best for Lowcountry Because: Circa 1886 is one of Charleston best lowcountry restaurants for more than just its menu; Southern hospitality rules the setting and service here.