Cuisine: American, Regional, Southern
Price Range: $$
You'll find Husk, one of the Southeast's most critically acclaimed restaurants, tucked into a quiet stretch of Queen Street downtown just a few blocks from the waterfront. The unassuming home style... Read More
You'll find Husk, one of the Southeast's most critically acclaimed restaurants, tucked into a quiet stretch of Queen Street downtown just a few blocks from the waterfront. The unassuming home style building is an ideal setting for the warm and welcoming service, as well as the true-to-tradition plates being served inside. From brunch to lunch, dinner and dessert, you'll find that you really can't make a poor menu selection. Menus change twice daily according to what's in season or available locally, so be sure to check the Husk website before your mealtime visit. An order of the Skillet of Cornbread with Bacon is not to be missed, and a true representation of Husk's ability to master simple Southern fare. When Shrimp 'n Grits appears on the daily menu, it's an opportunity that should be seized, along with fried chicken or catfish entrees. Reserve a porch patio table if possible!
76 Queen Street
Charleston, SC 29401
- Southern: "Be sure to make advance reservations for this Southern hotspot! A table at Husk has been in high demand since their opening."
- Best Restaurants: "Be sure to ask for an order of cornbread for the table. Studded with smoky Benton's bacon and served warm in a cast-iron skillet, Brock's version of this Southern staple is not to be missed."
- Lowcountry: "Try Husk for brunch on weekends for a more affordable meal from this famous chef and restaurant."
- Best for Southern Because: Husk tops our Best Southern Restaurants list for head chef Sean Brock's dedication to local heirloom ingredients and historically sound preparations.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Husk Restaurant is famous for a reason, or two. One of those is Executive Chef Sean Brock, and another is probably their lettuce wraps.
- Best for Lowcountry Because: Husk's talented staff and fantastic locally-sourced menu deserve a place on any list recognizing the best of Charleston's Southern dining scene.
Find the 10Best nearby: