Also Featured In
Folly Beach County Park
Type: Beaches, Parks
Folly is without question one of the most iconic spots in Charleston, and one of South Carolina's most popular beach vacation destinations. The beach park itself boasts over 2,500 feet of ocean... Read More
Folly is without question one of the most iconic spots in Charleston, and one of South Carolina's most popular beach vacation destinations. The beach park itself boasts over 2,500 feet of ocean frontage speckled with amenities like dressing areas, outdoor showers, restrooms, boardwalks, picnic areas and a snack bar. Boogie board and surfboard rentals are also on hand for visitors who want to take advantage of some of the best surfing north of Florida on the East Coast. Bring your shades, sunblock, and surfboard to take advantage of this beachtown treasure, an area of the beach usually less crowded than other stretches of Folly outside of park grounds.
1100 W Ashley Ave
Folly Beach, SC 29439
- Jan - Feb: Daily 10am-5pm
- Mar - Apr: Daily 10am-6pm
- May - Aug: Daily 9am-7pm
- Sep - Oct: Daily 10am-6pm
- Nov - Dec: Daily 10am-5pm
- Car $7 - $10
Bus/Large Vehicles $40
- Parks: "Folly Beach is the Charleston beach best suited for surfing! Head here when the tide is high--but only if you're an experienced surfer!"
- Outdoor Activities: "Bring some cash to the park with you: parking, beach chair and umbrella rentals will cost you between $7 - $20 each, depending on the season."
- Best for Parks Because: Folly Beach County Park offers a protected beach open to the public year-round(lifeguarded during the summer). It's a safe, fun place for the whole family!
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Folly Beach County Park offers a family friendly environment among other, more crowded sections of this popular beach.