James Island County Park
Type: Outdoor Activities, Parks
This 643-acre park offers a full-service campground as well as 10 modern vacation cabins overlooking the Stono River marsh. For additional fees, you can enjoy other activities, including Splash Zone... Read More
This 643-acre park offers a full-service campground as well as 10 modern vacation cabins overlooking the Stono River marsh. For additional fees, you can enjoy other activities, including Splash Zone water park and a 50-foot rock climbing wall which can accommodate 12-15 climbers at a time. Bike rentals are available, as is a crabbing dock and unrestricted ocean fishing. This county park hosts several major festivals throughout the year, such as the Lowcountry Cajun Festival in April. Educational programs for various ages include the Challenge Course, turtle walks, and tidal creek exploring. The Splash Zone Water Park is a huge draw for local and visiting families, as is the picnic and Spray Play fountain area and public dog park.
871 Riverland Dr
Charleston, SC 29412
- Jan - April: Daily 8am-Sunset
- May - Labor Day: Daily 8am-8pm
- September & October: Daily 8am-Sunset
- November & December: Daily 8am-5pm
- Admission $1
Waterpark Adult $11.99; Senior (60+) $5.99
- Best for Parks Because: Climb rock walls, run or bike paved paths, or treat Fido to a rowdy dog park afternoon; it's all here at JI County Park!
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: James Island County Park has a lot to offer, with rec and play areas open to the whole family, whether you're camping there or not.
Find the 10Best nearby: