Also Featured In
Charleston Tea Plantation
Type: Gardens, Sightseeing
If you're planning to explore the city's sensational gardens and area historical plantations while in Charleston, the Tea Plantation on Wadmalaw Island is a great place to start. Set against a... Read More
If you're planning to explore the city's sensational gardens and area historical plantations while in Charleston, the Tea Plantation on Wadmalaw Island is a great place to start. Set against a timeless backdrop of towering oaks, verdant fields and expertly manicured gardens, this remarkable green space is the only tea plantation in all of North America. Take a guided tour to learn about how different Charleston plantation teas are made, and be sure to stop by the Tea Shoppe afterward for fresh tea samples and to pick up a box or two of local teas to take home with you.
6617 Maybank Hwy
Wadmalaw Island, SC 29487
- Tours: Mon-Sat 10am-4pm; Sun Noon-4pm
- Factory Tour Free
Trolley Tour Adult (12+) $10; Child (11-0) $5
- Plantations: "The Charleston Tea Plantation shares Wadmalaw Island with the Irving House Vineyards and Angel Oak Tree, making an easy island day trip itinerary for the family or any couple!"
- Free Things to Do: "Your visit to the Tea Plantation is easily paired with the Irving House Vineyards and Firefly Distillery! all three attractions are located on Wadmalaw Island!"
- Best for Plantations Because: Charleston Tea Plantation isn't just unique - it's the only tea plantation in the United States! Hint: the tea is delicious!
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Grounds admission and Factory Tours at America's only tea plantation are complimentary, making the Charleston Tea Plantation an enjoyable free attraction close to Charleston!