Also Featured In
Type: Aquariums, Gardens, Historic Sites
Want to feel like you're in that swan-filled paddleboat scene from the movie, The Notebook? Make the short drive to the Cypress Gardens in Monck's Corner. Situated just outside of Charleston, the... Read More
Want to feel like you're in that swan-filled paddleboat scene from the movie, The Notebook? Make the short drive to the Cypress Gardens in Monck's Corner. Situated just outside of Charleston, the beautiful Cypress Gardens are nestled within an enchanting black water cypress swamp. From the camellia in January to the antique roses in May, this southern conservatory promises something gorgeous to behold during any season. In addition to the gardens, visitors can explore 3.5 miles of nature trails, the Butterfly House, which boasts over 12 species of butterflies, and the Swamparium, a home to various fish, amphibians and reptiles.
3030 Cypress Gardens Rd
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- Daily 9am-5pm
- Admission price includes all attractions including boat access Adult $10; Senior (65+) $9; Child (6-12) $5; Child (5 and under) Free
- Outdoor Activities: "Plan a visit to Cypress Gardens to paddle through the swamp and stroll through the gardens with a loved one! It's truly a romantic spot."
- Romantic Things to Do: "You will need to arrange for transportation to and from Cypress Gardens in Moncks Corner, located about 25 miles away from downtown Charleston."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Cypress Gardens makes our list of 10 Best Outdoor Activities for its beautiful floral scenes and quiet blackwater swamp, the perfect romantic outing for couples.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Cypress Gardens is a unique lowcountry style of romantic setting, and was even a filming site for the movies The Patriot and The Notebook.