Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Boone Hall Plantation
Boone Hall Plantation
Type: Gardens, Historic Sites
An iconic row of ancient live oak trees welcomes you to one of America's oldest living and working plantations, and one of the most famous plantations in the Southern states. The majestic Boone Hall... Read More
An iconic row of ancient live oak trees welcomes you to one of America's oldest living and working plantations, and one of the most famous plantations in the Southern states. The majestic Boone Hall Plantation, set on 783 acres and established in 1681, and opened to the public in 1956, has been the filming location for dozens of movies TV series with its historic buildings and old slave cabins still perfectly intact. Boone Hall offers guided tour group tours of the elegant house, a carriage tour of the grounds or self-guided tours through the slave quarters and the extensive gardens.
1235 Long Point Rd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29465
- Jan 8 - Mar 11: Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun Noon-5pm
- Mar 12 - Sept 3: Mon-Sat 8:30am-6:30pm; Sun Noon-5pm
- Sept 4 - Dec 31: Mon-Sat 9am-5pm; Sun Noon-5pm
- Admission Adult $24; Senior (65+) $21; Military $21; Child (6-12) $12; Child (5 and under) Free
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Boone Hall differentiates itself from other Charleston area plantations by hosting numerous seasonal events throughout the year, with daily tours and events for the public.
- Best for Plantations Because: Boone Hall Plantation is a top ranked plantation for its gorgeous scenery and historical preservation, as well as its hosting of numerous seasonal events.