Also Featured In
Are you in search of a free attraction or outdoor space that's close to downtown Charleston for a romantic day trip or sunset viewing? You're in luck - Mount Pleasant's Pitt Street Bridge, as it is... Read More
Are you in search of a free attraction or outdoor space that's close to downtown Charleston for a romantic day trip or sunset viewing? You're in luck - Mount Pleasant's Pitt Street Bridge, as it is typically referred to, is located just a short drive across the Ravenel Bridge from the peninsula, and makes an excellent picnic spot or intimate evening outdoors when the weather is nice. Locals often visit Pitt Street Bridge, once the site of a longer dock bridge connecting Mount Pleasant to Sullivan's Island and a training spot for the Hunley, to launch kayaks or try their hand at some shore fishing. Parking and admission into the park is free!
959 Pitt Street
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Parks: "Got a bike, a kayak, or a fishing pole? Bring 'em here for great fun on the water! You'll find an excellent starting line for an adventurous afternoon with some killer views!"
- Free Things to Do: "Take your significant other over to Mount Pleasant for a surprise (and free!) romantic outing at this picturesque public park."
- Romantic Things to Do: "This beautiful, uncrowded park and scenic area is known for fantastic views and is an ideal spot to launch a kayak."
- Best for Parks Because: Often touted as the best sunset views in all of Charleston, "Pitt Street Bridge" is so beautiful, it's one of Charleston's most popular engagement spots.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Pickett Rec Area and Pitt Street Bridge is one of the Charleston area's most beautiful and romantic free attractions, popular for engagements and weddings.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Pitt Street Bridge is a local favorite for exercise, relaxation, and sunrise and sunset views of Charleston.