Type: Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Spectator Sports, Uniquely Here
From April through September, Charleston and its visitors can treat themselves to minor league baseball at its best with a visit to "The Joe," the home ballpark of the Charleston Riverdogs. Opened in... Read More
From April through September, Charleston and its visitors can treat themselves to minor league baseball at its best with a visit to "The Joe," the home ballpark of the Charleston Riverdogs. Opened in April of 1997, the ballpark is named for Charleston's longest serving mayor, Joe Riley, and is home to not just the Riverdogs but also the Citadel Bulldogs of the nearby military college. Views from this Ashley River-side stadium are some of the best in the country. The atmosphere is always friendly and lively at this sports venue, thanks in part to the River Dogs' Director of Fun and local resident celebrity, actor Bill Murray. Tickets to these games make for an affordable, family-friendly outdoor activity; Kids even eat free on Sundays! River Dogs games are held nearly every day of the week, and special ticket, food and drink deals are available nearly every night.
- Apr-Sep: Game; times; vary
- Box: Office; Apr-Sep; Mon-Fri; 9am-5pm,; Sat; 10am-4pm,; Sun; noon-4pm
- General Admission (Sat-Thurs) $8
Box Seats (Sat-Thurs) $18
Lower Reserve (Sat-Thurs) $14
Upper Reserve (Sat-Thurs) $10
General Admission (Fri) $9
Box Seats (Fri) $19
Lower Reserve (Fri) $15
Upper Reserve (Fri) $11
- Outdoor Activities: "Plan on catching a Riverdogs game Monday or Thursday nights for $1 draft beers!"
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Charleston Riverdogs provide a stellar minor league baseball game experience, with creative food and beer offerings, and frequent post-game fireworks.