Also Featured In
Fort Sumter National Monument
Type: Active, Attractions, Family Friendly, Historic Sites, Military, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Outdoor Activities - Winter, Parks
340 Concord Street, Charleston, SC
Sullivan's Island, SC 29482
- Ferry departing from Liberty Square in downtown Charleston & Patriot's Point in Mt. Pleasant
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult (12+) $19.50; Senior (62+) $17; Military $17; Child (4-11) $12; Child (0-3) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities, Historic Sites: "During your short ferry ride to Fort Sumter, keep an eye out for the many dolphins that call the Charleston harbor home!"
- Outdoor Activities: "Note that some areas of the fort island are inaccessible for those with mobility issues. See the Ft. Sumter Tours website for more info."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This serene fort-island setting is the location where the first shots of the American Civil War were fired on April 12, 1861.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: A boat tour of Ft. Sumter, where the Civil War began, is an essential part of any history lover's visit to Charleston.