Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Libby McMillan
Type: Family Friendly, Zoos
Kids (and kids at heart) love zoos and, especially, the Greenville Zoo is perfectly tailored for their enjoyment. The zoo is small and easily walkable but is packed with some really great exhibits.... Read More
Kids (and kids at heart) love zoos and, especially, the Greenville Zoo is perfectly tailored for their enjoyment. The zoo is small and easily walkable but is packed with some really great exhibits. The giraffes are towering and impressive (even the new arrival born in July 2019) and getting just a piece-of-glass-close to a lion is a humbling experience for guests of any age. The exhibits are clean, the animals are well cared for, and the staff is friendly and informative. This is the perfect adventure for kids of all ages and, as an added bonus, the zoo is right next door to Cleveland Park and some pretty epic playground equipment to round out the day.
- Daily 10am-4:30pm
- Adult $7.75; Child (4-15) $4.50; Child (3 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "On the first and third Thursday of each month, from September through May, you can get up close and personal with certain animals. Just be in front of the Buck Mickel Education Building at 3:30 pm."
- Things to Do with Kids: "The whole zoo experience should take about an hour, leaving plenty of time for the kids to frolic at neighboring Cleveland Park."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Greenville Zoo has a lot to offer, from an array of animal exhibits to special programs and events.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: There are few things that will thrill a child more than getting up close and personal with their favorite animals at the local zoo.