Also Featured In
The Children's Museum of the Upstate
Type: Children's Museums, Family Friendly, Museums
When the Children's Museum of the Upstate opened in 2009, kids of all ages received a Mecca of entertainment and hands-on educational experience. Located just two blocks from Main St. in downtown... Read More
When the Children's Museum of the Upstate opened in 2009, kids of all ages received a Mecca of entertainment and hands-on educational experience. Located just two blocks from Main St. in downtown Greenville, the 80,000 square foot museum features 19 exhibit galleries designed for children from ages 1 to 15 but, really, perfectly suited for all kids at heart, regardless of age. The quality of the Children's Museum has not gone unnoticed outside of Greenville as it became the first such museum to become an affiliate of the Smithsonian in 2014 and, just last year welcomed visitors from all 50 states and 13 foreign countries.
- Tue-Wed: &
- Fri-Sat: 9am-5pm,; Thur; 9am-7pm,; Sun; 11am-5pm
- Chil $9 / Adult $10 / Senior & Military $9.50 / Under 2 Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "While the Children's Museum is perfect for both kids and kids at heart, adults without an accompanying child are not permitted."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Hot or cold, rain or shine, the Children's Museum is the perfect place for kids of all ages to play and learn all year round.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you want to leave and come back in the same day, wristbands allow you to do so."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Children's Museum of the Upstate offers top-notch programs and exhibits that keep kids interested and entertained.