Fork & Plough
The menu at Fork & Plough changes twice daily but there is one item that you can always trust to be on the menu â" the Shiitake Swiss Burger. Served with a healthy heaping of arugula, this... Read More
The menu at Fork & Plough changes twice daily but there is one item that you can always trust to be on the menu â" the Shiitake Swiss Burger. Served with a healthy heaping of arugula, this burger comes directly from Greenbrier Farms and is cooked to perfection. Chef Shawn Kelly "the right amount of salt" and fresh, local, grass-fed beef as the secrets to the burger's quality but much credit goes to the talent in the kitchen. A burger that has the right amount of char on the outside while still maintaining a rare center is hard to find but Fork & Plough nails that with every burger I order. Sure, get it medium or well if you prefer but there is no reason to given the quality of the product they are working with.
- Burger: "The menu asks that you limit substitutions to the burger as it is prepared but rumor has it that you can actually ask for bacon on your burger just to dial things up a notch."
- Best Restaurants: "Make a reservation, even if you are just going for lunch or brunch on the weekend. The word is out and the space fills up fast."
- Brunch: "You cannot get a cocktail (it's beer and wine only) but the food is too good for that to matter."
- Best for Burger Because: Fork & Plough's burger, sourced directly from Greenbrier Farms, is the most consistent and perfectly cooked farm to table burger you will find in town.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Greenbrier Farms and High Cotton's former Executive Chef Shawn Kelly have joined forces for an incredible dining experience.
- Best for Brunch Because: Fork & Plough is putting out some seriously good food in a relaxed, casual environment just outside of Downtown Greenville.