Roper Mountain Science Center
Type: Children's Museums, Family Friendly, Museums, Parks, Planetarium / Observatory, Science Museums
When it comes to interactive learning experiences, it is hard to beat Roper Mountain Science Center which has been captivating young minds since 1985. The facilities include two science halls, a... Read More
When it comes to interactive learning experiences, it is hard to beat Roper Mountain Science Center which has been captivating young minds since 1985. The facilities include two science halls, a living history farm, a planetarium, and an observatory. Themed events occur on the second Saturday of every month with things like The Butterfly Adventure and Blueberry Festival taking over the entire campus as great kid-friendly opportunities. Friday's Starry Nights feature shows in their recently renovated planetarium that are guaranteed to blow some young minds. Lastly, the refractor telescope in the observatory is the eighth largest of its type in the United States and was originally installed at Princeton University in 1882, bringing a significant piece of science history right here to the Upstate.
- Science Center: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
- Planetrium Shows: Fri 6:45pm-Close
- Adult $5; Senior $4; Child (6-12) $4
- Things to Do with Kids: "The Roper Mountain Science Center is open to the public for special events and summer camps."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Roper Mountain Science Center is a unique education center that has been fascinating Upstate children since 1985.
Find the 10Best nearby: